Any personal information collected by Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) in connection with this website will be held for the purpose of linking you with career opportunities at MNZ.
All personal information and documentation will be held securely by MNZ in compliance with the Privacy Act 1993. Personal information and documentation collected and held may include resumés, academic transcripts, interview notes, reference information and test results. They will primarily be stored electronically on MNZ's candidate database.
You may request removal of your personal information at any time.
While your personal information is on MNZ’s candidate database, the following rules apply:
- Once you have registered your will be responsible for maintaining your profile and ensuring that the information held is correct and up to date. You may view and amend your personal information at any time.
- You can request access to all and any information held about you by MNZ and request correction of that information. The request must be in writing to the MNZ, Human Resources, PO Box 25620, Wellington 6146.
- MNZ will only contact and collect personal information from any former employer or other person you have nominated as a referee if you have specifically authorised us to do so.
- After you accept an offer of employment with MNZ, your information will become part of MNZ's employee records. This information will be held in confidence and not disclosed to anyone without your consent.
- We may use a trusted third party to help us process, administer and store your information, however it will be protected by strict confidentiality agreements.